vendredi 17 octobre 2014

French verb of the day : Frôler

Definition : to to brush past, to brush against, to skim past, verge on

Pronunciation : [fro lay]

Ex :

Le chat m'a frôlé au passage. - The cat brushed against me as it went past/The cat brushed past me.

J'ai horreur qu'on me frôle dans le bus - I hate people brushing against me on the bus.

Le petrôle frôle les 70 naira le litre - Petrol is verging on N75 per liter !

La voiture a frôlé l'arbre. - The car brushed against the tree.

J'ai frôlé la mort quand j'avais 12 ans - I had a brush with death/ I had a near death experience when I was 12 ans.

Le ballon de football a frôlé l'enfant. - The soccer ball skimmed past the child.

Related :

Le frôlement - light touch, light contact;

Un frôleur - fondler


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire