lundi 6 octobre 2014

Eiffel Tower now has transparent glass floors !!!

Eiffel Tower's first floor was unveiled to visitors this Monday with new see-through floor. Visitors can now look down through a solid glass floor to the 57 meters (187 feet) below.

The first level was previously the least visited part of the tower by the millions of tourists who flock the 324-meter (1,063-foot) tower every year. Its owners hope that it will now become as big an attraction as the viewing platform of the “Dame en Fer” (The Iron Lady),. The 30-million euro refit which took two years, includes shops, restaurants and a museum where the history of the 125-year-old tower will be told on seven screens.
The tower opened in 1889 and was named after Gustave Eiffel, whose company engineered the project. At 324m in height, it was the world’s tallest building for 41 years until the Chrysler building was built in New York in 1930.

I am not sure I can get on those floors without feeling dizzy when I look down :) I think I pass on this offer when next I visit !!!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire